guppys&stuff
April 20, 2024, 12:33:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to guppys&stuff!

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

My live bearer guide :D

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My live bearer guide :D  (Read 100 times)
Owner »RÖßߥ™†
Administrator
Small Fry

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:11:28 pm »

i just thought i would come up with a little like bearer guide XD

1: this guide will work with MOST not all live bearers

okay,lets start.

first you will need about a maximum of 100 liter and a minimum of about 20 liter aquarium. you will also need a filter of some description either a HOB (hang over back)
or like a sump etc. something that will filter out waste to keep water clear. the HOB does just fine for me. you will also need a heater and if possible a air pump (if possible don't needed but recommended) and decor etc,neutralizer. (the essentials) DO NOT USE ROCKS IN YOU FRY TANK! this is a common mistake. dont use rocks as they cause a lot of complications.

okay so now you have your equipment lets get to the fish ratios.
i would go about one male to every female. this is a good ratio so when one is impregnate he wont bug her as much and reducing the chances of her getting egg bound. (I.E. she will die)

once you have fry you will need some sort of fry net or tank (most probably a good 20 or 30 liter so they have room to grow and reach their full potential.

http://www.cichlids.com/uploads/tx_usercichlids/user_pics/6915/10_gal_368c98a76f.jpg
also don't use rocks!!
this a fine example of a fry ready tank. you can see the heater & filter. all it probably need is some live plants when the fry arrive. I don't recommend fry nets but if that all you have access to it will do fine, you just might find that they grow a bit slower.
this wont matter as long as you get them to grow up Tongue.

also when catching the fry it is good to have a fry trap, some people don't like them but i personally prefer them as they are less stressful than putting you need all around the tank to catch fry.

you should feed your fry some dry food( i use this stuff made locally) liquid fry food is not recommended as it pollutes the tank very fast. you should also feed them cucumber or zucchini but only put in there as much as they will eat in a day because if left for more than 2 days it starts breaking up and clogging up the impler of the filter. and also with filter speed turn in up slowly after the first 2 weeks as to build fin strength. and clean the tank every 2 days, as this will increase the speed at which they grow at.

keep water temp at around 25-28 degrees Celsius.
also additional salt is also good. not much just a tea spoon per about 20 liter is plenty. the salt wont kill them just help them grow as well, salt is a essential part of fresh water. i know it sounds silly but it does help them alot.

hope this guide helped XD

~robby
Report Spam   Logged

I don't have bed room. i have a fish room with a bed in it. Cheesy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: