guppys&stuff
March 29, 2024, 08:55:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to guppys&stuff!

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Curing Ick/White Spot

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curing Ick/White Spot  (Read 120 times)
GuppyBoi
Administrator
Small Fry

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:52:22 am »

Hi its GuppyBoi here .. This is my guide on how to cure the famous disease in aquarium hobby,Ick,or rather the common name,White Spot ! Ok so you notice that when you're appreciating your fishes and admiring them,you would sometimes seem to notice some white spots or white 'growths' on your fishes, like salt has been stuck on them.. Well your fish is affected with 'Ick' ! It could affect ANY kind of fishes and if not cured,would spread to all the fishes in your tank so you better watch out..
Symptoms of this disease would be your affected fish would start flicking or rubbing itself against plants or gravel etc.
It would then just stay on the bottom of your tank with its fins clamped up.. If left untreated, the parasites would become free-swimming and attach itself to a new host,which is the other tank mates. This disease wont cure by itself so you, the owner of your fishes, will have to do something about it ! The market would sell their "Ick Remedies" blah blah blah but there is a better,safer and easier way actually.. By using the traditional and widely used S-A-L-T !  Grin
Ok so you will have to put 2 leveled(not  heaped!) tablespoons of salt per liter of water you have . Fishes who are cured from the disease will have better immunity against it afterwards so great news! But remember though,"Ick" can come back and affect its previous host or other fishes if they are under stressful conditions such as poor water condition so remember to keep your tank and water quality clean ! "Ick" can also be introduced in your tank via new fish so please remember to quarantine them first in a separate tank to prevent "Ick" from being introduced in your tank Cheesy Prevention is always better than cure ! So I hope that this guide would help you in curing "Ick".

Peace and till next time,
GuppyBoi
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:55:16 am by GuppyBoi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Owner »RÖßߥ™†
Administrator
Small Fry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 06:59:17 am »

very nice guide. i am impressed Cheesy keep it up! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

I don't have bed room. i have a fish room with a bed in it. Cheesy